Frequently asked questions
1. Is it a requirement to wear a face mask at Sønderborg Airport?
- Yes, Sønderborg Airport follows the European guidelines for safe travel. Therefore, all passengers must wear face masks from the moment they enter the terminals until they leave the terminals after arrival to minimize the spread of infection to both own and others' sake.
2. Where can I get a face mask if I do not have one when I get to the Airport?
- It is your responsibility to have the face mask on when you enter the airport terminal. You can buy them in places like a pharmacy before your departure. Remember to bring enough face masks for the entire journey. It is recommended by the authorities that you change your face mask every 3-4 hour.
- Sønderborg Airport has spare face masks in case of emergency.
3. What safety precautions should I take when going out and flying?
- As a passenger, you are responsible for wearing a face mask when entering the terminal, while aboard the airplane and until you leave the terminal again after arrival. Wearing of a face mask is mandatory in airport from the 15th of June 2020.
- As a passenger, you are responsible for following the guidelines:
- Wear a face mask as you enter the airport terminal.
- Bring enough face masks to your trip
- Keep at least 1-meter distance
- Cough or sneeze in your sleeve - not in your hand
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Stay home if you are sick.
- We recommend that you stay informed on the websites of the airports you visit on your trip. All airports work according to common international guidelines, but as the guidelines are implemented nationally in each country, it is a good idea to keep yourself informed on an ongoing basis.
- We recommend that you go in and read the Ministry of Foreign Affairs travel guides for the country you are traveling to, including how to deal with an eventual quarantine when you come back. See more here: https://um.dk/da/rejse-og-ophold/rejse-til-udlandet/rejsevejledninger/
4. What will happen if I do not wear a face mask when I arrive in Sonderborg?
- If you are not wearing face mask upon arrival at Sonderborg, you will be contacted by airport staff that will help you find a place where you can acquire a face mask.
- If you do not follow the staff's instructions, it will be a violation of airport rules of conduct, and you will be asked to leave the terminal.
5. Who should wear a face mask?
- All passengers must wear a face mask from the moment you enter the terminal while on board the aircraft until you leave the terminals again after arrival. You are required to wear a face mask from the 15th of June 2020.
- Children under the age of 6 are not required to wear a face mask.
- There may be people who are exempt from wearing a face masks for health reasons. In this case, we recommend that you bring a medical certificate.
- The employees at the airport will also wear either a face mask or visor from the 15th of June 2020
- You may encounter employees who are not wearing a face mask, this may be staff who are not handling passengers.
6. What will happen if I refuse to have a face mask?
- If you have a medical reason why you cannot wear a face mask, you must show a medical certificate for airport staff.
- If you refuse to wear a face mask in the terminals, you may be expelled from the terminal
- You risk being rejected by airline staff when boarding.
7. Why must you wear a face mask, and who has made it mandatory?
- Sønderborg Airport, in consultation with the authorities, has decided to implement the European Guidelines for Safe Travel, which means that all passengers must wear a face mask and all employees at the airport must also wear a face mask or visor to make the journey through the airport as safe and secure as possible.